Dr. Wenhui Fan
Full professor, Deputy Director of State Key Laboratory of Transient Optics and Photonics
Xi'an Institute of Optics and Precision Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
No.17 Xinxi Road, Xi'an, Shaanxi, China, 710119
Office Phone: +86-29-88887607
- Terahertz science and technology
- Ultrafast dynamics and phenomenon
- Ultrashort laser pulse interact with condensed matter
- Optics, photonics, and optoelectronics
- Doctor of Science in Optics (1998), doctoral supervisor and full professor in Optics and Physical Electronics (2007-present);
- Deputy director of State Key Laboratory of Transient Optics and Photonics, and associate director of Academic Board, State Key Laboratory of Transient Optics and Photonics;
- Member of Academic Board and Academic Degree Evaluation Committee, Xi'an Institute of Optics and Precision Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences;
- Member of Academic Board, Key Laboratory of Ultrafast Diagnostics, Chinese Academy of Sciences;
- Member of Academic Board, Optical Technology in Space, Xi'an Institute of Optics and Precision Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences;
- Vice-chair of the specialized committee in Physics, Xi'an Institute of Optics and Precision Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences;
- Member of OSA and Chinese Institute of Electronics, and member of the specialized committee of Terahertz Application Technology and Photoelectric Technology;
- Awarded by the Hundred Talent Program of the Chinese Academy of Sciences for 2009, and the Excellent Returned Overseas Scholars for 2009 by Shaanxi Province;
- Financially funded by British Home Office, EPSRC and worked as Research Fellow in University of Leeds and University of Sheffield from 2001 to 2007;
- Organized and local-chaired ISUPTW 2010 and ATTO 2017 successfully, and served on numerous editorial boards, including Ultrafast Science, Scientific Reports, Journal of Terahertz Science and Electronic Information Technology;
- As a scientist, Prof. Fan's research is focused on ultra-broadband terahertz generation and detection, ultrafast terahertz spectroscopy and imaging, ultrafast dynamics and phenomenon, ultrashort laser pulse interact with condensed matter, and general Optics, photonics, and optoelectronics.
1.A. G. Davies, A. D. Burnett, W. H. Fan, E. H. Linfield, J. E. Cunningham. Terahertz spectroscopy of explosives and drugs. Materials Today, 2008, 11(3): 18-26.（Review paper, IF: 21.695）
2.Zhuan-Ping Zheng, Wen-Hui Fan, Soham Roy, Kamila Mazur, Andreas Nazet, Richard Buchner, Mischa Bonn, Johannes Hunger. Ionic Liquids are not only Structurally but also Dynamically Heterogeneous. Angewandte Chemie - International Edition, 2015, 54(2): 687-690.（hot paper, IF: 11.994）
3.Xu Chen, Wenhui Fan*, and Chao Song. Multiple plasmonic resonance modes excitation on graphene metamaterials for ultrasensitive terahertz sensing. Carbon, 2018, 133(7): 416-422.（IF: 7.082）
4.Wenhui Fan. Broadband terahertz spectroscopy. Chinese Optics Letters, 2011, 9(11): 110008-1-6.（Invited paper）
5.W. H. Fan, A. Burnett, P. C. Upadhya, J. Cunningham, E. H. Linfield and A. G. Davies. Far-infrared spectroscopic characterization of explosives for security applications using broadband terahertz time-domain spectroscopy. Applied Spectroscopy, 2007, 61(6): 638-643.
6.W. H. Fan, S. M. Olaizola, J.-P. R. Wells, A. M. Fox, T. Wang, P. J. Parbrook, D. J. Mowbray, and M. S. Skolnick. Femtosecond studies of electron capture times in InGaN/GaN multiple quantum wells. Applied Physics Letters, 2004, 84(16): 3052-3054.
7.W. H. Fan, S. M. Olaizola, T. Wang, P. J. Parbrook, J.-P. R. Wells, D. J. Mowbray, M. S. Skolnick, A. M. Fox. Carrier capture times in InGaN/GaN multiple quantum wells. Physica Status Solidi B – Basic Solid State Physics, 2003, 240(2): 364-367.
8.Wenhui Fan*, Xun Hou, Wei Zhao, Xiongjian Gao, Wei Zou, Ying Liu. Effect of the growth conditions on infrared upconversion efficiency of CaS: Eu,Sm thin films. Applied Physics A – Materials Science & Processing, 2001, 73(1): 115-119.
9.C. Song, W. H. Fan*, L. Ding, X. Chen, Z. Y. Chen and K. Wang. Terahertz and infrared characteristic absorption spectra of aqueous glucose and fructose solutions. Scientific Reports, 2018, 8(1): 8964.
10.Xu Chen, and Wenhui Fan*. Ultrasensitive terahertz metamaterial sensor based on spoof surface plasmon. Scientific Reports, 2017, 7: 2092.
11.Xu Chen, and Wenhui Fan*. Study of the interaction between graphene and planar terahertz metamaterial with toroidal dipolar resonance. Optics Letters, 2017, 42(10): 2034-2037.
12.Prashanth C. Upadhya, Wen-hui Fan, Andrew Burnett, John Cunningham, A. Giles Davies, Edmund H. Linfield, James Lloyd-Hughes, Enrique Castro-Camus, Michael B. Johnston, and Harvey Beere. Excitation density dependent generation of broadband terahertz radiation in an asymmetrically-excited photoconductive antenna. Optics Letters, 2007, 32(16): 2297-2299.
13.Li-Min Xu, Wen-Hui Fan*, and Jia Liu. High Resolution Reconstruction for Terahertz Imaging. Applied Optics, 2014, 53(33): 7891-7897.
14.Zhuan-Ping Zheng, Wen-Hui Fan*, Hui Li, Jie Tang. Terahertz spectral investigation of anhydrous and monohydrated glucose using terahertz spectroscopy and solid-state theory. Journal of Molecular Spectroscopy, 2014, 296: 9-13.
15.T. Wang, P. J. Parbrook, W. H. Fan, A. M. Fox. Optical Investigation of InGaN/GaN multiple- quantum wells under high excitation. Applied Physics Letters, 2004, 84(25): 5159-5161.
16.Xu Chen, Wen-Hui Fan*. Toroidal metasurfaces integrated with microfluidic for terahertz refractive index sensing. J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., 2019, 52: 485104.
17.Xu Chen, Wen-Hui Fan*. Polarization-insensitive tunable multiple electromagnetically induced transparencies analogue in terahertz graphene metamaterial. Optical Materials Express, 2016, 6(8): 2607-2615.
18.Wei Gao, Baoyin Zhao*, Wenhui Fan*, Pei Ju, Yanpeng Zhang, Gang Li, Qi Gao, and Zhe Li. Instability transverse mode phase transition of fiber oscillator for extreme power lasers. Optics Express, 2019, 27(16): 22393-22407.
19.Kai Wang, Wen-Hui Fan*, Xu Chen, Chao Song and Xiao-Qiang Jiang. Graphene-based tunable terahertz nanoscale sensing with Fano resonance. Optics Communications, 2019, 439: 61-65.