The Postdoctoral International Exchange Program is targeted at excellent international young scientists holding a PhD degree (also including those Chinese based in Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan of China, as well as young Chinese received a PhD degree abroad and not yet returned to China by the time of application) pursuing postdoctoral research in a Chinese university/institution. The selected candidates would be co-funded for two years, by the Office of China Postdoc Council (OCPC) and the host institution: an allowance of 200,000 RMB each year shall be provided by OCPC and another 100,000 RMB per year by the host institution/group, which would be used for covering the individual living expenses related to their stay in China, including housing allowances, social insurance and round-trip international travel expenses etc.
400 postdoctoral fellows shall be supported in this program in 2020.
1. The applicants shall be under 35 years old with good healthy condition.
2. The applicants shall be foreign nationals or defined Chinese as above, who have obtained a doctoral degree within the recent three years.
3. The applicants shall have obtained their doctoral degrees from a university in the Global Top 100 University List; or the research discipline in the department/faculty for PhD degree is ranked in the Top 100 discipline list (checking the latest information from Shanghai Ranking's Academic Ranking of World Universities, Times Higher Education World University Ranking, QS World University Ranking and U.S.News & World Report as reference). For applicants from countries located along the “One Belt and One Road” region, the applicants shall have graduated with doctoral degrees from the top 3 universities of their country. According to the Framework of Cooperation for Sino-German Postdoctoral Exchange Fellowship Program,, European or Chinese applicants with PhD degrees from Germany, the requirement on university ranking or discipline would be not necessary, in case they are supported by a formal recommendation from Helmholtz Association, (Contact: Dr. HE Hong, Beijing Office of Helmholtz-Association,010-65907866, firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. The applicants shall contact a research institution or university in China with a Chinese postdoctoral station for application assistance. All the contact information could be obtained on the China Post-doctor Website.
5. The successful applicants shall conduct research activity for at least 20 months in China for the two-year postdoctoral program.
6. The applicants shall have an excellent academic record before applying for the project.
7. Applicants from non-English speaking countries must have sufficient proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing of Chinese or English.
8. Those Chinese researchers having full employment are not eligible for this program; all the funded researchers shall conduct full-time postdoctoral studies during the two-year project.
9. The applicants shall have not yet been supported by another OCPC international postdoctoral fellow program or postdoctoral innovative talents supporting program.
10. In line with the above conditions,postdoctoral researchers, who have been in the station for less than 6 months before the deadline for declaration of each batch, can apply for this project.
Since 2020, the OCPC has adopted the selection criteria of "individual application, the host institutes recommendation, apply first decide first, direct funding" for the doctoral graduates from the Top 30 universities in the world (listed in the application system). This year, The OCPC plans to subsidize 100 people (including 50 returned students and 50 foreigners), until subsidized places are used up.
For applicants who are not directly funded, the OCPC will organize expert review in two batches (the first batch is due on March 15, and the second batch is due on September 15).
The results will be published in May and October respectively.